Forums

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

What the Rain Forgot to Say (SP-RP 11) 2/1/2019 - 8/6/2019

PreviousPage 3 of 6Next

Lightening lit up the sky. Jenn gave a start as she saw the mountain lit up as if it were day. Moments later, the truck reverberated with the boom-smack! of thunder. In a moment of terrified panic, the cat slashed out of Tito's care and ricocheted across the backseat!

"Oh!" Jenn clutched her heart and looked wildly at Tito. "Are you okay?!"

Now, surely for the first time, Jenn took notice of the sad countenance of her fellow traveler. Moved by empathy for him, Jenn knit her brows and asked in quieter consideration, "Hey, what's wrong?"

Tito didn't even flinch at the thunder itself, but at the cat's outburst which he felt. He watched the panic cat's retreat, his mind quickly remembering why at the cat shouldn't be in the back of the truck. His tired mind was about to begin to tackle how to get the cat back upfront when Jenn's words distracted him, drawing his eyes away from the cat. He finally felt the sting on his legs and arms where the cat's claws had struct.

He took too long to respond. In a short moment Jenn had already moved onto her next concern. Tito just seemed to deflate more from the question, his eyes drifting back to the rain which reflected his mood.

" I'm just really worried," was all Tito could say.

Jenn's perplexity never melted away. Growing concern for her acquaintance continued to twist her features.

"Why?" She persisted, "What is the matter?"

The cat, meanwhile, had ceased its retreat when it found a niche under the seats in which to vanish. Its bright green eyes, round like saucer plates, were now the only telling feature.

Tito continued to take his time responding.

" Its my friend.." He started. " I don't know where he is and I'm worried he might of gotten caught up in this storm."

Jenn sympathized greatly with Tito, for she could not forget the last time she saw her friend during a similar storm.

"I'm so sorry." She said. Now reflecting on it, Jenn knew that it must be the cause of her own anxiety about the storm. Even though Tammy's cousin and grandfather had assured her of Tammy's safety, Jenn had yet to see her friend again in person. She reasoned internally that some part of her must still be afraid of someone else going missing, or monsters erupting out of the storm.

Nonetheless, Jenn could not dwell on it. She knew Tito had a valid reason to be concerned, but she knew nothing as yet about this friend of his - or so she thought.

"Well, what's he look like? Maybe I can help you find him. Someone must have seen him around town." Jenn promptly moved to comfort Tito and give him reason to hope. "There are a lot of good people around here and just really pleasant folk - there's no way anyone would leave him outside. I bet he found a door to knock on and is comfortably tucked up by someone's fire right now!"

Tito tried to smile at Jenn's last comment but he knew it was impossible. Even if Saber managed some control as a wolf- And didn't attack the first person he saw- who would take a wolf in? No, he knew Saber was going to avoid people while in his other form which made the mountains all the better candidate for his friends current location; Which also gave Tito little reassurance of his safety. Tito looked at Jenn as he did his best to give the simplest explanation of his friend.

" Well.. He's Asian and is kinda small. He usually goes by the name Saber."

"Asian..." Jenn repeated, as if she didn't know what the word meant. Then suddenly, in an instant, her face lit up and her eyes glowed bright.

"I know him!" She chimed enthusiastically. "I mean, I met him. We met at the library sometime ago. Does he have a lot of allergies? I think I nearly killed him once by offering him beef jerky. He ate it up like a mob, before he realized it was no good. - He was alright, of course, after a moment, thank goodness - So he's your friend? How long have you known him?"

Tito perked up as Jenn enthusiastically announced she had met Saber before, and couldn't help but smile as she recited her encounter with his friend.

" Yes, he does have a lot of allergies." He answered. " And I've known him for eight years now. I know he's got a bit of an attitude but he's a good guy, really. When did you last see him?"

"A few days ago at least," Jenn said, though she didn't seem quite certain of this fact. "It's been awhile since I've been able to go to the library, but I've seen him there a few times. They close after sundown, though, and he never told me where he stays at night."

" Did he seem to be doing alright?" Tito asked, his concern still high. " Was he getting enough to eat?"

PreviousPage 3 of 6Next