Forums

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Suspended

Occurring in conjunction with When the Mountain Replied

*** Earlier ***

"I spent too much time out here." Chapman watched the road, the fields racing by on either side of the car. "No signal..." he mumbled as he pulled out the Nokia from the dash and looked at the signal meter.

"Smith's got it under control. I'll make it back in time, if barely."

He tossed the phone back into a cup-holder and groaned, leaning his elbow against the window and rubbing his brow, his other hand holding the wheel at twelve-o-clock.

"Bianca is never going to forgive me.. I need to meet with Abravious.."

Robin would be out with Mercy by now, awaiting the full moon. He was sorry he couldn't be there. She and her son were weary of men, anyway, and who could blame them?

His mind went eighteen directions, and his face, body and heart were all heavy for it.

'When did so many humans get involved?'

For now,  he had to tend to his own pack. There were too many fires to put out on his own.

His eyes went up to the moon. The speedometer read 105... the elk saw his car and jumped. He didn't see the elk.

*** Present ***

(Content Warning: Blood, animal death)

Chapman blinked his eyes open. The car smelled like smoke. There was blood on the windshield, or what was left of the windshield.... the Crown Victoria was on it's hood. He blinked again and unfastened the seat belt, falling onto the roof of the vehicle with a grunt.

The moon was up, and he was covered in fur. Animal blood. His own blood. The world was spinning. He climbed out of the smashed vehicle, and leaned on the undercarriage. Nearby, part of the bull elk rested in the field...

He needed to get away from the road. His legs were uninjured. One arm was bloody, and broken.

Reknab was closer than Middlecrest. Somehow, that did not reassure him...

He lowered himself to the earth and began slowly back in the direction he had come.