Forums

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Werewolves (RP18) "How the Mountain Greets the Moon"

PreviousPage 9 of 33Next

Saber's eyes grew narrow.

" Why?"

Bianca never made it into the shower. She sat in the bathroom with the door closed and her back against it.

It’s all in your head, keep it together…

She told herself, fingers digging into the sleeves of her sweatshirt. There was a pit in her stomach, although she had eaten enough. She put her head up against the door. Why did she feel so agitated? Her leg bounced anxiously and she blocked her ears.

The last full moon just put a bad taste in your mouth. 

She reminded herself.

Tonight is going to be different, it’ll be fine.

But she wasn’t scared or sad. She was angry. There was no cause for it.

Calm down…

Logan continued to wait in silence. Unless Ulric cued for her to step in, she would allow the mediator to play his role, but was ready at hand.

Ulric took a deep breath, which went unseen for his slow intake of it. He was bracing himself for a fight. He recalled at their first meeting that Saber had said his anger was hard to control as a werewolf. That was inherent to the change, for some. To become a more instinctual creature, one's emotions were called easily to the surface. But that was not the case for Ulric, for he had the very best of help and the best of instruction to lean into the change. Naturally, he had never known any degree of combat with it. Ulric wondered, for a moment, if maybe Logan had...

"Because we care." Ulric said. He thought it best to be short and simple with Saber. After all, the last time Bianca schooled him with a lecture, Saber was not keen to keep up.

"Tonight is going to be hard." Ulric shrugged. "Why do you want to spend it out here by yourself?"

A gentle knock came at the bathroom door, the effect of one large white knuckle gentle rapping against it...

Kratos' voice was heard on the other side. "Bianca?" He said quietly. "Are you alright?"

Bianca hunkered forward and sighed. Go away, I'm busy... she wanted to say. Doing what? Kratos would know she was against the door. I'm fine, she could say - and lie? Her heart was racing. It was so hard to lie to a werewolf. Worse to lie to the Alpha.

"I don't know," she groaned, "I'm so angry I can't see straight." she admitted, feeling worse for it. "Everything is making it worse-sounds, people, my clothes for crying out loud... it's like a million hornets buzzing around inside me. Just a mood-swing or something.. it's fine. I'm fine."

I'm sorry I'm like this, she wanted to say. Please don't think less of me.

Dakota followed Toby outside and did his own survey of the area to make sure they were alone. Once Dakota had Toby's attention, he continued.

" So... Samantha hasn't seen a werewolf yet. Of course, now that she and I are in a pack, that poses a problem," Dakota explained. " If you are comfortable Toby, and she is willing, I was wondering if you would be alright showing yourself to her during the full moon. How well do you have control over your wolf? If... You don't mind me asking."

Saber's face twisted with disgust.

" No, you don't care- You've made that pretty obvious," he retorted angrily. " And I was trying to get back to town, not here. I got lost in the freaking woods. Now stop wasting my time if you have nothing worth saying."

Saber began to stomp away, past Ulric, heading back the way which they came.

Logan still did not interrupt the conversation, but she stood to her full height and barred Saber from passing with the size of her body and nothing else presently.

She studied his physique in a glance, and then her violet gaze was cast to Ulric behind him. Still she waited.

Jackie and Sabrina came out of the woods and approached the cabins.  There, stiffly and without word, she handed the net of fish to Sabrina. She had no intention in being further involved in their preparation - such had never been her talents.  She came as far as the door of the cabins, yet thought better of it. Somewhere, a vestige of her recalled Bianca's earlier outburst regarding the mess she brought into the cabins.

She was nothing but mess, particularly at present. She was soaked in the smells of the lake, river, and fish. It was not an unpleasant odor to her, yet one that would surely make a mess of the freshly scrubbed floors.  She glanced sideways towards a lone tree at the border of the cabins. It possessed a nice grassy slope and was dry in the sun.  She settled herself beneath it, laying outwards, and leaning her head against a knot from the tree.  By her standards, it was a perfectly acceptable place to take a nap when she didn't feel up to making herself 'civilized' nor antagonizing Bianca anew.

Sabrina took the offering, and refrained from wrinkling her nose. Fish was a meat she could allow herself to eat. It brought no pleasure. But the exact level of distain she had for the stuff made it more punishment than she was willing to endure, at present. She had already endured fast food for Jackie's sake, and the memory of the prior night's discomfort was yet fresh in her mind.

But she knew Jackie was proud of her contribution, and would not show her disdain, not now, not after having gained some ground towards having formed a relationship of sorts with her. So she took the fish carefully, her body language expressing it was, in fact, a prize, and sought with her nose the place where Logan had prepared her meats behind the cabins, to deposit them there.

PreviousPage 9 of 33Next