Forums

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Werewolves (RP18) "How the Mountain Greets the Moon"

PreviousPage 7 of 33Next

Ulric seemed most at ease when there was no silence. Logan listened keenly and remembered the names of Abravious and Resme from earlier conversations.

"He is like his father?" she asked, but did not seem to care to dwell on the subject and it was more of a curious musing.

"You have said before... Abravious did not want you, because, eh, what it is called, the Tall Cane man raised you? Still they kept you for eight years, and then, leave you here? I do not understand." she paused and looked back at Ulric briefly, perplexity painted on her face, before continuing forward.

Ulric gave pause to reflect on Logan's questions. Admittedly, his life did not make much sense from her point of view. But she was making a great effort to understand. Perhaps, this was because of the potential connection in their history.

"He didn't raise me," Ulric said, trying to explain away the confusion, if he could. "I grew up in foster care. I belonged to the state, - or rather the pack, - so I didn't have any one person to look after me. I spent some time with different people, in different homes."

"I asked Abravious if I could leave their pack earlier this year, because..."

Ulric's voice trailed off in thought. He distinctly remembered the day before summer when the Svalnaglas came, injecting Logan with their wicked serums, and bickering over her life and his as if they were tools for barter. His countenance sank with the thought. Caught between wishing he had delivered blows that day, and being utterly ashamed he spoke and acted so angrily, Ulric never could think of it without his stomach turning.

Ulric breathed a deep breath to open his lungs and untie his stomach.

"They're just ... mean people." He said. But they weren't all that way...

"To je podhodnotenie... I have stronger words, but I will spare you, Láskavé Srdce." Logan said, bitterly, and was quiet a moment. There was more she wanted to understand, but Ulric's countenance seemed to have had fallen, and she did not want to see him uncomfortable.

She examined her territory again, and Ulric's clothes in turn - she did not know how he was comfortable in shoes, and the pants seemed they would snag and catch, but she did not question it and only made a brief observation. Their walk would turn into a steeper climb now... Ulric still had not taken his second form that she had seen, and so she did not presently take hers, either.

"You have been at that fence the whole day... what is on your mind?"

Dakota looked around a moment, before eyeing Toby's bedroom.

" I just want it private from Samantha," he whispered. " Your room should work, if the doors closed she shouldn't be able to hear us."

" I can still hear you!" Samantha's voice could be heard down from the first floor.

" Go further then," Dakota replied back.

" I can't- You told me not to leave the cabins, and I don't want to leave the cabin."

" Don't leave the cabin," Dakota said. He looked back at Toby. " We should probably go outside."

Truthfully, Toby was impressed by Samantha's hearing, and began to worry that giving her an ear piece tonight would be overwhelming for her. In his mind he started going over ways to adjust the volume for her piece so it wouldn't blow out her eardrum. When Dekota settled on a location, Toby felt his stomach clench.

Outside... Outside was dangerous. The others were outside.

"I-- Uh... Well, I guess we can." He said nervously. "Can you give me a vague idea as to what this is about? What are you so worried about Samantha overhearing? "

- Sqloinksh... -

Ulric's baige loafers sunk into the mud behind Logan's heels. His countenance fell more deeply still as he dared to pull his foot back and lost the shoe entirely.

"Great..." Ulric said, reaching down to retrieve the loafer. He let his bare foot sink ankle-deep into the terrain.

"I'm thinking I should have changed before I left." He said.

Dakota's brows furrowed. He looked towards the stairs that Samantha had taken just moments ago, before looking back at Toby.

" Let's go outside, I can explain everything there," he said.

Logan paused now and turned to face Ulric completely. She tried to hide her amusement, but the dimples had shown up on her face anyway. She blinked slowly and her lips were pressed tight.

"Do you want that I carry you on my back?" she asked, squatting with her hands on her thighs, the bright smile breaking through and her eyebrows low over her eyes. Her own bare feet were muddy, and her cargo pants were hitched up to her knees. Logan's face was always clean when she was not working, and her hair was manageable - but there with that expression she wore, those scars, accompanied by the bright eyes against her complexion, she appeared perfectly suspended somewhere between feral and civilized.

She stood and stepped forward, offering an arm to Ulric. "Come, leave your shoes."

Saber was in a bitter mood trying to navigate out of the woods. The terrain continued to make it impossible to go directly south, and so he had to walk at an angle, of which direction he knew would lead him back to that which he came. The compass was back in his hand to keep him from drifting astray this time.

His dark eyes carefully scanned the scenery ahead. Occasionally, he'd check behind him. He listened to every sound that passed him by, smelled every smell that nature offered around him. He would not be caught off guard again.

So it was to no surprise he noticed Logan and Ulric while they were still far off in the distance. He stopped, swearing under his breath as his mood only grew darker. His path was blocked once more.

He eyed the compass and terrain, seeing the only direction he could go was further into the mountain to completely avoid them. He growled angrily. He looked back at the small silhouettes of Logan and Ulric and cursed. He turned and started to march up the mountain, cursing again.

Ulric glanced at Logan with his lips pulled to one side as he took off his other loafer.

"Well, I kinda like them." He said.

Why would anyone choose to walk on two legs through mountain terrain when padded hands and feet are so much more convenient? Add a tail, besides, and one's balance is quite improved. Nonetheless, Ulric thought it better to wait for the moon before attempting to take his secondary form. He felt well enough for it, but after several weeks - the longest he had ever gone without it - he worried he might be out of practice.

"Nevermind." Ulric said. He rolled up his pants to the knee and kept his loafers in hand. "What was that you said, earlier? Have you ever said what language that is?"

PreviousPage 7 of 33Next