Forums

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Werewolves (RP13.2) Many Decisions: Secrets

PreviousPage 17 of 17

“I’d reccommend letting my wife check you ever.” Bob commented with a raised eyebrow. “Does your group not have an appointed medic? Supplies? Eleanor could probably pull some strings and get some things from the hospital, if you need..” he spoke concernedly, though not with condescending.

Oh, how that massive beast stopped like a dog on a chain the moment Logan spoke. His head turned down and his ears turned back. His yellow eyes turned from one man to the other. His hackles bristled.

"No!" The old man raised his hand suddenly.
"No! Do not be afraid!" He said with great urgency, "We have not trapped you, you are free - and we will not attack you. Come out! See for yourself."

The old man was not talking to Kratos.

"Sabrina is our healer." Ulric said quietly. He dropped his arm and glanced at the room wherein Eleanor was looking after the stranger.
"Thank you," he whispered, looking at the officer again. "But no..."
Ulric might've offered further explanation, if he had thought his was a reasonable argument. The truth was more personal, however, and the solid retention of his consent was sufficient to respect the officer.

Ulric sighed softly, glancing up at the old veteran officer from his boots to his brow. Ulric's head was down, and his back was still against the door. Withal, his glances spoke louder than his words. "I do not trust you. I am not comfortable having you here." But then his gaze turned toward the room where Bianca was, and his eyes softened. He wondered at himself.

Ulric's private feelings were natural, but were they right? Bianca was a member of the pack and to their race that meant family. By all rights, Bianca's blood-kin were his family too. If Ulric were Calagathorm and had never been anything else, it would be so. But when Ulric considered what little he knew about the officer, and then thought of all he knew of his own history...

”Do not be afraid,”

Logan inhaled a long, deep breath, her chest filling with air. She looked to the ceiling briefly, but the shape had gone. She exhaled. If she didn’t listen to the old stranger, Kratos might take the offensive, and there would be bloodshed. If these.. people, intended harm, there would be bloodshed. The only option then was to place trust in those she did not, and hope their word was true.

So she moved forward until she was beside Kratos. Her eyes were forward on the strangers, not with malice, and her ears erect.

“I do not want to fight. I hope your word is true.”

Kratos did not move or take his eyes from the strangers. The young man stood aside, as did the old one. Kratos walked slowly passed them, guiding Logan to the opposite side of them.

The werewolves stepped out of the great cave and out of the shadow of its arch. The mist had cleared. All around stood men girded with furs and leather. In their hands were primitive weapons - spears and bows, and blow guns.

Kratos' deep penetrating growl echoed in the mouth of the cave.

"They will not harm you." The old man said as he came out behind. He walked calmly around the werewolves and out in front of them. The young man followed. He spoke in a language the werewolves did not understand, indicating out at the forest. Another man, standing among the trees answered.
The old man turned to face the werewolves.
"They will not harm you." He said again, this time specifically to Logan. "They fear your eyes."

"This place was honored by your people a long time ago. That is why I brought you here." The old man said. "Our child has run away with your little ones and cannot be found. If you wish to search for them, you must first walk the Way of the Trusted."

"What is the way of the trusted?" Kratos asked, though his voice was still so low it was near a growl in every word.

"It is the path whereby the promise was made between your people and mine that one should not shed the blood of the other."

The old man motioned to the young man, who withdrew to the others, and returned bearing a folded piece of leather. Kratos' maw coiled at the stench of it, for though it reeked of nothing, that in of itself was telling of what lay inside. The old man unfolded the leather and revealed the Phantom Flower, three blooms and three leaves, laid therein.

"You must take this to the place of healing and cast it into the first eyes tears. Unless you do so, you cannot go from this place."

She followed Kratos into the open as a beast and came to meet the others as a woman. As the old man spoke, she felt herself looking towards and meeting the eyes of the warriors encircling the area. They fear your eyes. Why? Now she refrained from looking at the others and lowered her eyelids just so.

Her gaze fell upon the leather and the phantom herbs inside. She stepped forward and took it carefully from the man, folding the leather back over the flowers and leaves, and tucking it into her backpack.

"Where is this path?" she asked, calmly.

The old man turned and spoke to the young man who had accompanied him in the cave. Immediately the young man shrank back in fear. The old man spoke to the other warriors, and all of them did the same. Then the young man who had brought the leather and leaves stepped forward. The old man nodded his head and turned back to the werewolves.

"Go with him. He will lead you."

To be continued in...

Werewolves (RP14.2): "The Way of the Trusted"

PreviousPage 17 of 17