Forums

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Vertigo (CA - Samantha, Dakota, & Zander)

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

Granny opened her mouth to say something further to the pups as they retreated to the side, but she was interrupted by the bell. Hearing the young woman's voice, the elderly woman hobbled quickly down the stairs with a look of confusion on her face. "Cherise?" She asked, "You're back?"

Cherise looked over immediately at hearing Mrs. Buttermilk's voice. Placing a hand on her chest, she breathed out a sigh "Granny," It was a relief to see her grandmother was okay. The sirens blaring through out the town made her very on edge.

She walked closer to her "Now that I know everything, she couldn't keep me away. Are you alright? Things are getting really bad outside."

Samantha watched Cherise come in with curious, yet timid eyes. While the girl that had come in didn't look to be a danger, Samantha instinctively grabbed onto Dakota's arm as she stood quietly watching.

___

Dakota had seen Charise before she had entered the shop. He watched as Mrs. Buttermilk came down the stairs and passed them by, meeting the young woman who'd just walked in. He continued to observe the two in silence.

Granny stared long and hard at Cherise's face, then sighed deeply. "Nuthin' for it." She muttered under her breath, then turned and pointed her cane at Zander. "Zander, I need you to take these three up the mountain to Calagathorm."

That seemed like a rash decision.

Dakota eyed Zander only briefly with a question whether he would protest the request, but this was easily dismissed- It seemed apparent that man was a rug under the likes of Mrs. Buttermilk.

Dakota's eyes shifted over towards Charise, curious to see if she would protest. Certainly she did not come all this way to be turned away so quickly... And neither did he.

Zander coughed, loudly.  Possibly because he had just sent a flurry of dust into the air from the porcelain doll he had been dusting. Possibly because he wished, desperately he had just misheard the old woman.

Far be it from him to question that terrifying old woman.

Except, this time he did. Profusely. Still holding the cleaning rag, he found that setting himself to work had done little to sooth his mood over the circumstances.

"Is that wise?" he asked cautiously, full-well knowing the wrath he would face as he leveled his gaze at the cane, "They might just make a kebob of us all. As I recall, they're not all exactly trained".

"Besides," he sighed, "We need to evacuate. For all we know, this store is the first thing that's going to vanish in a sinkhole.".

"We need to evacuate, eh?" Granny repeated, "And just where did you imagine a bunch of werewolves are gonna evacuate to, if not the mountain?" With that, she thumped the foot her cane hard on the ground. "Quit draggin' your feet, Zeltandesvel Carnelian. You're goin' to have to introduce yourself to the pack at some point. In fact, you're goin' to have to introduce yourself to a lot of packs at a lot of points. You are the werewolf of Reknab Bend now, which means if you don't make it known that you're here, then after I die Reknab Bend loses its security and there will be a turf war that will get a lot of humans killed. This matter is much deeper than a sink hole, and your responsibilities far more perilous. Besides, if Toby's done his job right, they'll be expectin' you already."

With this, she glanced at her granddaughter and the two pups. "Trained or not, these three are doomed for it if they don't want to become loners. And with Svalnaglas and worse out there, rubbin' their greedy, grimey paws together waiting to take over, I wouldn't advise that."

She then looked again at Zander. "Now, don't argue with me and take these three up the mountain."

The mention of his name, his other name, gave him a jolt - not unlike ice-cold water behind dumped down his spine. Then his eyes-narrowed on the old woman with half a word of protest and half of one of resignation.  Though many thoughts were on his mind, many were not to the here or now.

One, however, was.

"And what of you? Don't tell me you're going to wait in this shop".

Cherise remained quiet as her grandmother exchanged words with the young man she had approached earlier, though many questions ran through her head.

Sinkhole? Svalnaglas? Turf war? And who exactly did this Zandar mean needs to be trained? A slight glare crossed her face at the term. In any case, there was clearly a lot she had missed having gone to confront her mother. But all that would have to wait. Only one question she needed answered at the moment and she was going to ask.

"Granny, you are coming with us, right?" She focused intently on her grandmother, a look of genuine concern showing through her.

Granny glared back, but the irritation in her eyes was mingled with a looked of pleasure. "I've never told you what I'm gonna do, why start now?" She replied, then looked at her granddaughter, addressing both at once since their two questions were basically the same. "I ain't comin' now. I'll meet ya up there later. I have some last minute things to finish here in town."

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next