Forums

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Theory of Attraction

PreviousPage 7 of 7

The further Ami sank, the harder it grew for Lee to see her with how short he stood. He stiffened and looked towards Hiro upon being called. " Yes sir," he responded firmly.

Indy:

“Great,” Hiro grinned, “In that case…”

Hiro flicked one hand somewhere to his person - pocket perhaps? - yet when he brought the selfsame hand to view again, a business card was clasped between his forefinger and index. He turned to Lee and proffered it.

“If you’d be so inclined to play with little Ami again, why not come over some time? Of course, run it by your mom and dad, see what they think. But I can tell you our place is so much more fun than a public library”.

He turned to Ami, “No offense, lil sis”.

As Hiro had been speaking, Ami managed to unpeel herself from the seat. Just the corner of one eye caught Lee’s glance. It was hard to read, whether welcoming or reserved, for overall it was rather expressionless.

Lee took the card from Hiro, his mouth agape by the offer. At the mention of his "mom or dad" however, his excitement and awe deflated. 

" Thank you for the offer," he said, trying to be formal. " But my mom won't let me." He glanced at Ami and immediately felt bad. 

" -But I'd like to keep seeing Ami, if that's alright with you," he said, trying to make sure Ami knew he very much wanted to hang out with her, even if not at her house.

Indy:

Hiro’s smile deflated, but only for a moment.

“I’m not sure if Ami will be coming by the library or not anymore,” Hiro said with a regretful sigh - and Ami, at once, bolted straight up, looking at her brother with wide-eyes.

Hiro winked at her, roughing up her hair, “Don’t think I missed a very disgruntled librarian coming out for a little break, and her mutterings about ‘strange children’, hm?”

“But if you think your mother would be so worried, she’s welcome to set the time and place,” he nodded at the card in Lee’s hands, “Our phone number is there.  I’m sure Ami would like that too”.

Lee watched Hiro and Ami as he himself felt a little bit of panic at the idea of not getting to see Ami at the library anymore. As Hiro suggested an alternative, Lee glanced at the card as he tried to smile and nod. 

" Yeah- I'm sure my mom will be fine with that " he lied, knowing full well his mother would never let him hang out with strangers. But not wanting to disappoint Ami he had to try to find some way to hang out with her again, with or without his mother's permission.

PreviousPage 7 of 7