Forums

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Alpha Interviews - Jackie: Meeting in the Middle (SP-RP15/16)

PreviousPage 4 of 4

In stumbling darkly for an answer, she saw something glimmer of it in Kratos' expression... she knew he spoke from experience, and not theory, in such matters. Once she had seen it on that night, and still Kratos' words echoed in her thoughts on the matter.

"I have seen death before, for much the same reason as it happened here tonight; Had I but listened, it could have been prevented."

To this end, however, he spoke not just of one life but all lives. The smell of deer, still a fresh scent on her person, had not gone unnoted. They were surrounded by wildlife, hunters, and even the mysterious horned beings that sat up on the mountain. She did not know how any person, even a werewolf, could lay claim over all of it. Yet she could hardly question a law to a people she had only just joined and merely tucked away the fact without further consideration.

Instead, she caught another meaning, hidden in the words.  If every life in their territory was to be claimed, then so was hers. Many dangers lurked, some known and others not.  In giving her this task, Kratos asked her not to endanger her own life needlessly. For she was not a weapon made to suit the needs of another, but someone that lived in the bounds of Kratos' land and therefore a life worthy of protection.  She held his gaze as he met hers without so much as a flinch.

"I will," she replied solemnly, then turned to regard the swiftly approaching stormfront.  The weight of the air had changed, and something near-imperceptible to her skin warned the full bearing of its weight was close at hand.

"Should... we head back inside?" she wondered aloud.

Ahead, lightning crackled. Several moments later, the rumble of thunder followed.

Kratos lifted his chin to the coming storm. He, too, could feel it. He nodded his head in agreement, and turned from the pasture. The mighty black Phantom donned a shadow of darkness as the sun touched down in the west. Lightening split the sky, and still the wail of Reknab Bend sailed into the night...

PreviousPage 4 of 4