Forums

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

Into the Woods (CA - Uno, Mark, & the Shepherds)

PreviousPage 10 of 10

Tara laughed again. “My moneys on the dog. Sorry, pal. I hope you’re okay being second best.”

I laughed hard, "Probably right. He's possibly plotting my murder too, while we're at it".

I stared down at my empty cup. When we got closer to civilization, I was going to beg and plead for Tara to stop off somewhere for another one.  Feed the caffeine addiction. Stave off insomnia with yet another round.  I'd have to hope I'd turned on enough brainpower with what I'd chugged already.

"So that's one human.  Then there's the other one. You said you think Mark's got sense, but have you heard the project that Chapman's proposed to him?"

“He told me about it, yeah.”

Tara trailed off… “I don’t get it. Bob’s stretching himself too thin. He has his hands in too many things, Then that little project cabin situation out in the middle of nowhere.”

"Yeah... did you mention his granddaughter is up there too?" I glanced subtly to the side, "Going to guess that's a big part of it. And the other part of it is he's worried and wants Mark to keep busy, I guess".

“Yeah.” Tara got silent after that. Maybe contemplating the intricacies of Bob, or bracing herself for what they were about to drive into. They did indeed stop for coffee.

Continued in “Captains”

PreviousPage 10 of 10