Forums

Forum Navigation
Please to create posts and topics.

In The Melodies and The Memories (CA - Saber & Ulric)

PreviousPage 3 of 10Next

Once Lee was done tidying up his desk, which did not take long, he began to yank at the collar of his button up shirt. It wasn't particularly tight on him, but the high neck piece still rubbed against his skin as he moved creating discomfort. He turned back to the closet and grabbed himself a t-shirt, before looking at the young boy studying the astronaut.

" I'm going to go change, stay here okay?"

Ulric nodded his head, content for the present.

With that, Lee stepped out of the room, soon returning in less than a minute now in the t-shirt he had previously grabbed. He then got a pencil and eraser from his desk, before going to his nightstand near his bed and pulling out a sketchbook from the little section of books on it's shelf. Climbing onto his bed that seemed like it was just a little too high for him, he flopped over onto it with a sigh. He flipped through a few pages of the book in his hands before settling on a blank page and began to slowly start sketching away.

When Lee returned, Ulric was sitting on the floor on his knees. There were a few other toys out of the bin now, but all except the astronaut were left alone. The astronaut was still being held and carefully considered by the little boy with a flat expression. When Ulric looked up and noticed Lee again, he looked surprised.

"Oh..." He murmured. For a moment it appeared he would say something, but he must have resolved it himself before he spoke. 

"How old are you?" He said, after a moment.

“ Twelve,” Lee answered as he continued to sketch light marks on the page in front of him.

"What do you look like when you change?" The boy asked. He continued to finger the toy astronaut while his eyes remained on Lee.

Lee paused, his pencil now hovering over the paper as his mind tried to discern what the boy meant. He blinked as several bizarre interpretations had come to mind, but he wasn't confident that he could tell which one the boy meant.

" What do you mean by "change"…?" Lee asked, now glancing toward the boy.

“You know,” Ulric said, his eyes drifting down. “Change.”

Was there another word for it? No, none that he had heard. Change. Everyone changes eventually.

Lee just stared at the boy completely confused now. It must’ve been a word the household he lived at used to describe the complexities of life and how it was an endless flow of change, but something still felt off with that description.

“ Right.. Change. I mean I guess things changed when me and my mom moved. Is that what you mean?” Lee slowly inquired.

“No, that’s not it.” Ulric said, he now put the astronaut toy on the floor and piled the other toys he had taken out back in. Then he picked up the astronaut and stood up to give a finer example. “Like when you turn into a wolf.” He said, “What color is your fur?”

PreviousPage 3 of 10Next